[Wine] USB headset mic input

Michael D. Johnson mikej163 at cableone.net
Sat Aug 9 23:04:19 CDT 2008

Do not know if this will be any help to you or not.   I found out that
for a lot of Linux builds USB comes out only as alsa 1 or also 2 not as
default.  Since that is the ONLY sound i have, I had to turn on JACK and
use a symbolic link from /dev/dsp1 to /dev/dsp.  Once Jack was running,
I reran winecfg and told it to look for jack as well as alsa.  Then the
sound worked on both.
Mike