[Wine] Re: Steam games crash during gameplay

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 11 11:10:01 CDT 2008

I'd say that's really odd.

I'm using shipped NVIDIA drivers on my main-pc with wine and both CS, CS:S, even Age of empires and all of that work (with some tewaking ofc).

On my other PC (my server) I've got the shipped ATI drivers and have most of the same things working (and in that pc with an even lower degree of tweakage)...

Did you try my tip on sending output to a logfile? Or did you check steam logs? (I'm loosing ideas here).

Oh, and do the crashes _only_ happen when networking? (e.g. playing in an online server?)

hm...One last shot could maybe be (and this is a pathetic idea) to let wine work on its own. Do you have the option in winecfg of letting the Window Manager decorate and control the windows? If you do, try disabling it.

Could it be related to sound? bah I don't know...