[Wine] Re: ElderScrolls - case-sensitivity, many of the same file

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 11 13:03:20 CDT 2008

Zachary Goldberg wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:28 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > Zachary Goldberg wrote:

> > > I think he installed a plugin or a patch of some sort which was meant
> > > to overwrite the file and would have in windows but whoever provided
> > > the module used different casing.
> > >

> > That should not happen and never does.
> >

> Why is that?  It seems completely possible as described above and...

I'm guessing that you didn't try to go to windows and create two folders with the same name but with different cases. It won't work.

that means you can never have those two plugins in the same directory.

Windows allows to 'browse' and 'search' with case insensivity but it doesn't allow you to have two files with the same name, for the exact same reason. (Correct me if wrong, but I tested this a while ago)...