[Wine] FS Host runs but can not connect connect flights

Dangerousdave26 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 11 19:03:14 CDT 2008

System Ubuntu 8.04 HH server with Ubuntu desktop (Gnome)
2X 1Ghz Pentium III processors, 1 Gb ram
Wine installed directly from the Ubuntu link version 1.0

Direct X installed per http://www.wine-reviews.net/microsoft/directx-90c-march-2008-redistributable-on-linux-with-wine.html

Default all programs set to run as window 2000.

DirectX runs with out a problem

FS Host 3.2 runs fine when you load it up but it will not connect players.
FS2004 can see a session on the server
FS Navigator can not see a session on port 23432
The FS Host status page displays on the correct port 8080 on the lan and over the internet.

If I test Direct play in Direct X it fails to connect to the other PC when I host the test on the Ubuntu Server. When I set up the Direct Play test on the Windows XP side the Ubuntu side connects and they can communicat with no problems.

Both computers are connected by a simple Netgear switch 192.168.10.xxx

Both systems have thier firewalls turned off for testing.

Testing of an internet connection will not commence until I get it working on the lan.

Any help is appreciated

Other notes there is no sound card in the server (its a server)