[Wine] Wine finds bogus printer and cant add correct printer

yaturner wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 12 04:58:20 CDT 2008

Wine insists that the only printer that I have on my system is an HP PSC 2175, this is an old printer that I long ago stopped using. My current printer is an HP 7310 using CUPS but I can not convince wine to use it. I have tried deleting the registry keys for the 2175 ( it is there in regedit ) but they just keep coming back the next time I run regedit. I have tried deleting the entries from win.ini but they come back also. I have deleted .wine and reinstalled.  I have checked the printers using System Settings->printers and the only printer I have is the 7310. How do I convince wine that I do not have an HP 2175? Where does it get its printer list from? etc. If I run notepad.exe or photoshop (which works great under wine) the only printer that is available is the 2175.

Details

Kubuntu 8.0.2 ( 2.6.24-20-generic )
wine 1.1.2
dual boot system with Windows XP and Kubuntu