[Wine] regedit changes are ignored

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 12 23:16:18 CDT 2008

Austin English wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM, yaturner <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> The key that I am actually trying to delete is for a bogus printer that I no longer have on my system but wine keeps trying to use as my only printer. This leads to my next question
>>
>> where does wineboot restore the settings from?
>>
>> I have already checked cups and there is no entry for the old printer so I am trying to manually delete it from wine's registry
>>

> >From wine.inf. You might try starting with a fresh .wine, if you've
> got a lot of cruft, that may be your problem.

Austin and yaturner:

Fresh .wine == rm -rf ~/.wine

However, you just might not want to do this.  Backup your current .wine
by using the move (mv) command instead.  This allows you to restore the
.wine directory if a fresh .wine does not fix the problem.

code:
mv .wine{,.backup}

restore old .wine
code:
rm -rf .wine
mv .wine.backup .wine

Stop and start wineserver:
wineserver -k
winserver (or) start any Windows program with Wine.

James McKenzie