[Wine] Running IBPump.exe

R. S. Patil kpr.rspatil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:24:17 CDT 2008

Thanks  qwertymn

> i gave it a quick try; looks like it needs gds32.dll (whatever that may be, but i had it lying around on my disk, you appear to have it though according to your log)

Yes I have it it has two flavours one that comes with Firebird 1.5.x
RDBMS Distribution
and Another one is with Firebird 2.1.1.

1.5 one is @ 350 KB (msvcp60.dll and * required)  and
2.1.1 one is 440 KB (msvcp60.dll and * required)

I had 2.1.1 gds32.dll and installed required msvcp files through winetricks

> It also needs madc; Try this:

Well just out of curiosity and etch to learn one question
How did u concluded that from log or have tried any other
winedebug channel ?

> wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks && sh winetricks

I already have it.

> That way i got the first window up

Oh u got it running it seems. I donot have any success even after
installing mdac28 through winetricks.

I am attaching log file for both installation of mdac28 and
running IBDatapump.

Thanks and Best Regards

R. S. Patil