[Wine] Re: Wine install on Eee PC 4G/Linux

cordebra wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 13 13:49:17 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> cordebra wrote:
> > I tried to install Wine, but I get this message in console.
> >
> > /home/user> cd wine-1.0
> > /home/user/wine-1.0> .tools/wineinstall
> > Wine Installer v1.0
> >
> > Running configure...
> >
> > checking build system type ... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> > checking host system type ... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
> > checking whether make sets $(MAKE) ... no
> > checking for gcc ... no
> > checking for cc ... no
> > checking for cl.exe ... no
> > configure: error:  no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> > See `config.log` for more details.
> >
> > Configure failed, aborting install.
> >

> > Please can somebody explain me what went wrong ?
> > Do I need to install an `acceptable C compiler` ?
> > I do not understand the `config.log`.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > greetings,
> > cordebra  :(
>
> You don't have compiler (and probably other development packages required) to build Wine.
> To fix follow instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages

Please, what packages do I need ?
I have Xandros on my Eee PC 2g/Linux.
I have tried the instructions on:
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:wine , but that was a disaster :(
I could not hardly use my computer anymore and I had to delete all the Debian software and install the old one.
In advance thanks.
greetings,
cordebra