[Wine] akmod-nvidia update, lose openGL functionality

JohnLocke wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 13 18:41:36 CDT 2008

Sorry if this has been dealt with, but I couldn't find it in a search.

I updated Fedora to the new kernel build, and there are no current drivers for nvidia cards for that. That's fine, livna made a new neat thing called akmod-nvidia that appears to have built the drivers very nicely (quite pleased with that). All is happy and shiny from within Linux (compiz works and openGL games work well).

WINE, however, does not work with anything requiring openGL. My primary concern (I shudder to say) is World of Warcraft. Keep in mind that all of this was working beautifully before I removed the old nvidia drivers and used the new akmod ones (so xorg.conf / Config.wtf, etc should be set up fine, but I've also checked to be sure).

The wine output of concern here is:

Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32eda4,0x00000000), stub!
err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:wine_d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl
fixme:dbghelp:dump_system_info fill in CPU vendorID and feature set

It appears that wine can no longer find the opengl drivers? How do I go about rectifying this? Please, any help to get me my weekly fix would be great! :)