[Wine] Running IBPump.exe

R. S. Patil kpr.rspatil at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:15:31 CDT 2008

Thanks  qwertymn,

> [/quote]  Well just out of curiosity and etch to learn one question
> How did u concluded that from log or have tried any other
> winedebug channel ?
>>

>> because after i copied gds32.dll into system32 it still crashed for me with:
>>
>> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {00000507-0000-0010-8000-00aa006d2ea4} not registered
>> err:ole:create_server class {00000507-0000-0010-8000-00aa006d2ea4} not registered
>> err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {00000507-0000-0010-8000-00aa006d2ea4} could be created for context 0x5
>>

>> When you google for that uuid {00000507-0000-0010-8000-00aa006d2ea4} you'll see it belongs to msado15.dll. That's part of mdac28. After installing mdac 28 the first window comes up fine for me. I'd advise you to try this on a complete new and fresh new ~/.wine (or preferably install in another WINEPREFIX)

I will remember this. I was not aware that I can google
class UUid and get the desired information. Hope
I can derive such information for other applications
which I plan to run through wine. First I will try this
information and then raise query to wine community.

Thanks for the another tip to run test applications in
another wineprefix. I have just spiled current wine
setup which was running few applications OK.

OK I have to just repeat OK setup once again
now not a big job since I have wine tricks with me
and it has cached many downloads so its just
a breeze.

Thanks for ppl who developed wine and bridged
a small gap for using linux in day to day use.
Today Linux almost 99% suits to my
requirements and I need only 4 to 5 applications
from wine.

Thanks to persons like u from wine community
who help almost instantaneously to newbies like me
and also guide them to get on theire feet.

I will let u know results of new wineprefix and
IBPump.exe soon.

Best regards

R. S. Patil