[Wine] Re: akmod-nvidia update, lose openGL functionality

JohnLocke wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 14 21:37:17 CDT 2008

Ok ... found the problem. Basically I'm an idiot because I forgot one important detail. Warcraft requires the i386 libraries ...

Installing xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs-173.14.12-1.lvn10.i386 (same version as what I'm running from akmod) makes it work perfectly.

Thanks for the help, though!

I did find a new problem that has nothing to do with wine, but in the spirit of helping others if they run across this thread, I'll post here if I have an update:

Now that I'm using akmod, I can upgrade kernels with no problem. I have NOT yet figured out how to make akmod build me a i386 version of xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs for the new guys, though. So basically the update works fine, but wine won't be able to run anything that requires the i386 drivers, so you have to back down your kernel version. (if I find a good fix, I'll post it).