[Wine] Re: Winedbg detected

davethewave83 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 17 14:25:25 CDT 2008

Ok sorry to bug you.

I can get Sims to launch With the dvd, but instead of playing it just causes the screen resolution to go bonkers and sits there broken so I have to kill it. This is what I required a debugger or a log of some sort for, to determine where it stalls and find out why and if there is anything I could do for it.

No-Cd crack won't even start up, I have tried that.

I just wanted to know if there was a way to "hack" wine into working with Sims2 but as I am not quite as knowledgeable as I wish I were, it does not appear to be a very promising goal.  I understand it takes a lot of reading and research to become a skilled developer and that questions like mine must get annoying, so again I do apologize.

If if would not be an inconvenience, please let me know if there are any pages in particular that a newbie to this (linux/wine) should start out reading in order to learn more about the functions and working of wine.

the ability to play sims2 in particular is the only thing holding my sister from switching to linux, It would seem the only use for xp any more is gaming, if that was not desired or if we had a console there would be no practical reason to not switch to linux fully.