[Wine] OSS Devices

Statix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 19 15:24:49 CDT 2008

I recently switched to OSS from alsa (loving it so far!), but one of the biggest problems I had to work through before was getting my usb microphone to work with Ventrilo.

Before, I used these registry options:

[Software\\Wine\\Alsa Driver]
"AutoScanCards"="N"
"DeviceCount"="2"
"DevicePCM1"="default"
"DevicePCM2"="mic"

This allowed me to manually select mic as my second input device and default as my normal sound card's output device.

Now with OSS I don't see such an option in the registry, though it appears to scan my cards alright, but does not work. In winecfg I see two devices in wave out and wave in, and 6 aux devices. Under mixers I see both my sound cards (AudigyLS and USB sound device). Other than under mixers, no device names are given, and they are just blank white spots.

When in ventrilo and I guess at the correct device (first blank device for output, second blank device for input) it does not work. No settings work, no matter what I try.

Any advice, or should I keep alsa just for ventrilo? I don't want to do that because it doesn't seem too far away from working.