[Wine] jack built into wine?

Dewdman42 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 20 02:35:36 CDT 2008

I have read several places that wine has some level of built in jack support.  can someone please comment on what exactly is built into wine in terms of Jack capability?

I already know about wineasio.

But I am wondering if its possible to use the windows version of jack inside if wine...and somehow have that patch the audio out to the rest of the linux/osx system via wine's jack support(negating the need for wineasio).  Or is the support for Jack in wine just bare bones minimum enough to basically support wineasio and that's that?

thanks