[Wine] MS Access 2007 doesn't want to load

osdrcomputers wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 23 01:04:59 CDT 2008

Ok maybe someone out there might be able to help me out on this one. I had problems installing MS Office 2007 under wine 1.0 on Ubuntu Hardy Heron and now after upgrading to wine 1.1.3 it installed without hangups or errors. Now I can launch MS word and Excel but Powerpoint, Access, and Groove do not want to launch. They crash without giving me a splash screen or any errors what so ever. I could care less about Groove and Powerpoint but I need at least Access 2007 to run because of a database class I am taking this semester. If it wasn't for this class I wouldn't use the piece of junk but I would at least like to install it on Linux so I don't have to resort to using Winblows. Does it need something installed that maybe i'm missing?