[Wine] Re: Printing Under Wine

osdrcomputers wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 23 01:22:26 CDT 2008

raja_s_patil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Trying to Run My Own Developed Application
> in Wine. It works Fine as Far as Interface and Screen
> Functionality is Concerned. Development is Done
> with Delphi 5 under WinXP. All Sources are with me
> and I can change/Compile at any time since I got
> Delphi 5 working Under wine.
>
> I am Using Printer Spooler API and when Application
> tries to print to PDF Printer then It goes in Queue
> I can see a Tray Icon where I can see those jobs
> with status initially "PROCESSING" and Then "HELD"
> I tried to release it but PDF is Not Created.
>
> The CUPS-PDF-LOG has Following Line.
>
> Sat Aug 23 09:19:00 2008  [ERROR] failed to open source stream
>
> I am Using KUbuntu 8.0.4.1 with latest Upgrades
> and wine 1.1.2.
>
> Thanks And Best Regards
>
> R. S. Patil

I saw that error failed to open source stream when I checked a log file from a failed MS office 2007 installation under wine. I remedied it by going into wine and under libraries specifying the remote procedure call library rpcrt4.dll and set the override to run native windows. I don't know if it would remedy your particular problem but maybe something to try.