[Wine] Specify glibc version to run/compile wine against?

disciple wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 24 03:18:43 CDT 2008

If I understand it correctly, Wine will work properly with either a (newish) glibc and a (newish) linux kernel with NPTL/TLS support, or with an old (2.2.x) glibc and an old kernel.
I have an "old" (2.4.x) kernel without NPTL/TLS support, and a new glibc (2.3.4 or something).  Is it possible to install an old glibc as well, and compile/run Wine against it?  If so, how do I instruct the compiler or Wine to actually use the old glibc?

Thanks.