[Wine] Please die if you wait "too long" RtlpWaitForCriti

Dee Ayy dee.ayy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 22:16:21 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 9:10 PM, jeffz <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> What you describe indicates that something has gone wrong because a critical section has not been released in a reasonable amount of time.  Normally one might be entered for a few milliseconds, if that.
>
> Try turning on debug flags to look at the logs to see what calls have been made but have not returned before the RtlpWaitForCritic... message appears.

I invoke myexe like this:
echo "some stuff" | wine myexe

If I just try 'echo "some stuff" | winedbg myexe', I get
WineDbg starting on pid 0016
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
0x7b8780b2: movl        %esi,0x0(%esp)
Wine-dbg>syntax error
Syntax Error (#)
Wine-dbg>MyUbuntuPrompt$

I actually get "Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file"
TWICE with just 'echo "some stuff" | wine myexe' and I don't think I
need fonts for this app.  After that it runs fine except for the
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection which happens a while later.

When I tried 'echo "some stuff" | WINEDEBUG=+all myexe'
my app did not terminate, but it froze when it should have been
displaying updated information.

> What is the program?

This is a custom forex trading app based on this API
http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mtapi.zip
Basically the app:
1) Makes a message only window to receive updated quotes.
2) Makes a server to listen for client commands to place orders