[Wine] Steam crash when installing/launching any game.

rentacop wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 26 17:26:59 CDT 2008

hey guys, I posted a thread over at the ubuntu forums as well.

heres the link.

Hey guys, I am having a problem running steam on wine.

I am running the latest wine from the respos. and i am on hardy. 86 x64. I have a nvidia geforce 9600gt with the latest drivers installed.

When i try to install steam it loads fine with no errors at all. I can also log into steam with no issues. The problem i am having is that when i try to install a game using steam via interweb it just crashes. I thought maybe i could just go over to my windows half and copy my games over to my .wine/drive_c/Pgram/Steam / folder and when i launch steam again it shows my installed games but when i try to launch the game it just crashes again.

heres my output when i double click on a game from term.

Code:

Code:
err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
Segmentation fault

Any help would be grateful!

Thanks again![/code]