[Wine] Help installing large files - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.5 and 10.0

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 17:30:41 CDT 2008

>> Oddly, I have also tried copying all the 10.0 files to my hard drive so I can install them there, and the copy command hangs up. Is this some sort of Linux restriction?
>
>Linux should be able to handle large files.
>How big are they (what does ls -l say on the cd-rom)?
>
>Could be a bug in your Linux installation.
>Is this one of them newfangled Studio-with-special-kernel-alpha-distros?

Dan-- Thank you for that. My files did copy on a new Intrepid (non-Studio) partition.
So I tried it, and DNS 10 did not fully install. I have printed the last few lines in case it suggests anything to you or anyone else.
The file that seems to have the hardest time installing comes in two parts, called ENUGen~1.cab and ENUGen~2.cab. They are 166 and 415 MB, respectively. There is also a necessary ENU.cab file at 175 MB.

fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC"
fixme:msi:install_assembly Manifest unhandled
fixme:msi:install_assembly Win32 assemblies not handled
fixme:mountmgr:harddisk_ioctl unsupported ioctl 560000
fixme:reg:RegSetKeySecurity :(0x48,4,0x3c5a50): stub
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC"
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC"
err:rpc:rpcrt4_protseq_np_wait_for_new_connection wait failed with error 87