[Wine] Screen Resolution issues

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:25:05 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 9:48 AM, anyone <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi. I'm having a rather peculiar problem; when running any fullscreen game that has been set to a smaller resolution than the one I'm using (1680x1050, I have a widescreen monitor), moving my mouse to the edges of the screen kind of shifts the view.
>
> For example, I have Warcraft III running at 1280x960, I move my mouse to the right edge of the screen, and then the view moves along with the mouse so that I can only see the right side of the menu, and lots of black on the right. On some resolutions I can even move the view up or down. The size of the area in which I can move around seems to be 1680x1050.
>
> This issue was not in 1.1.2, so its probably a regression. The weird thing is, that I have been trying to run a regression test, but the problem always appears, and I can't find the patch that causes it. For example, now
> ~/wine-git/wine --version
> outputs
> wine-1.1.1-269-g27ce47a
> but the issue still appears, even though it doesn't appear in 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 (its 1.1.1 because I found nothing with 1.1.2 being the last "good" release). Running with the actual wine-1.1.2 release the issue does not appear.
>
> I guess I must be doing something wrong with the regression testing, but I can't figure out what. Any ideas will be welcome.

Might try with a clean ~/.wine each time...Could be something getting
corrupted on a first run causing the problem. Doubtful, but worth a
try.

If anything, do:
$ rm -rf ~/.wine
$ git checkout -f wine-1.1.2
$ ./configure && make clean && make depend && make
$ ~/wine-git/wine setup.exe
# test app
$ rm -rf ~/.wine
$ git checkout -f wine-1.1.3
$ ./configure && make clean && make depend && make
$ ~/wine-git/wine setup.exe
# test app

To make sure it's wine causing the problem. If so, carry on like I described.