[Wine] Re: Can't install IE6

thomazian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 28 05:52:57 CDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, I don't necessarily want "Outlook Express".  I want an email client that can manage folders within hotmail, and will synchronise with the server so I can access the same mail from another machine (i.e. work) via the web.

If there is another free mail client that provides that functionality for hotmail, I will gladly use it.

I agree that there are much better mail clients around, but even with add ons to access hotmail, I still require my folders to be synchronised which they do not do.

Thinking of a larger picture here, there are countless people in the same situation as myself coming from Windows with hotmail accounts who use OE or Windows Live mail clients on their home machines and web access elsewhere.

In my opinion until there is a simple alternative, having outlook express or windows live mail work under wine would be a big win in helping windows users make the transition.