[Wine] Pirates Online

biplanefan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 28 11:19:03 CDT 2008

I can get Pirates Online installed but it fales at login.  On the Ubuntu forums there is a thread about it.  They seam to have found the problem but not a solution.

Here is a clip from the Ubuntu forum stating the possible issue.

> I did a packet capture on both a Windows computer and a Linux computer.
> When you log in, it sends your login over HTTPS to 198.105.196.11 (apps.pirates.go.com).
>
> Now here's the problem:
> Under windows, the SSL session is set up fine, and everything goes smooth.
> Under Wine however, a Plain-text HTTP request is sent, which is met with a hang-up (thus the "socket_set_error: Success").
>
> Therefore, the problem is that SSL isn't working in PotC under Wine.

Anyone know if this is fixable, if so how?

I hate using my wife's vista computer.