[Wine] Re: WAR Beta Installer issues

Daegalus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 29 17:49:27 CDT 2008

My Results on a fresh copy of Ubuntu 8.04

I have Wine insalled with DX9 and Gecko from Winetricks, and the winhttp.dll i found on google.

For the patcher: It loads but doesnt show up till 1 press once on the X of the emulated desktop. I login, and get the BTA, once I accept, it waits 3-4 seconds and crashes.

For the game: It loads if you call it directly, finishes loading, but Errors because it doesn't have Authentication, and closes.

So unless we get the patcher to work properly, I don't think we can get ingame...

I also ran the game in 1650x1050 windowed mode with no emulated desktop. Works perfectly fine.

All we need is to get that patcher working.