[Wine] Install issue for Band in a Box 11

lowhrtz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 30 13:54:21 CDT 2008

I'm trying to install Band In a Box 11 with wine but the installer quits right away with a message box saying 'Unable to start installer. Error "File not found".' The output in the terminal is:
err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on Brooktree Bt878, disabling mixer

I should mention the 11 is not listed in AppDB but 9, 10 and several newer versions are so I figure that 11 should work at least with some effort.

I found some forums that mentioned that some installers point to another one in a subfolder and to just run the other installer. However, the others are for additional apps not BIAB. Besides the installer in the root of the CD is over 20M, more than just a pointer to another .exe file.

I've have been searching all over for this and have thus far come up empty-handed.