[Wine] Re: Unable to install program: admin rights not continued

polypody wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 30 15:47:38 CDT 2008

The error made me think some root permission was required somewhere, and since wine should already be running as administrator I was trying various means to satisfy this.  I removed the .wine folder before trying again and posting here, just to make sure that was not the problem.

I tried changing the windows emulator to win98 and I got a little further (But why would it be necessary to switch to 98 mode if wine already has administrator privileges on the "windows" side?  I saw no mention of this issue in the forum or FAQ.)  Now I get a splash screen from the Corel Setup Wizard, and a message that Setup32 is already running.  It won't continue without shutting that process down itself (and then the install ends).  I rebooted the machine and checked the system processes to make sure an old install process wasn't running and tried again, but I get the same error.  I also tried running the install from the terminal window after cd-ing to the CD drive ... same thing happened.

Thank you for your assistance