[Wine] Possibly unusual question involving windows version of wine.

pidey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 3 12:20:22 CST 2008

Hey, I've heard that in a few fringe cases, WINE actually improves performance in  a game.

I believe I may be in one of these few fringe cases.

Anyway, is there anyway to run a program in wine, while on windows?  I've downloaded the windows binary .zips  and I have no idea what to do with them.  I've tried running the game through the wcmd.exe, but that does not seem to change anything.

Please do not tell me to switch to linux, I fully intend to, once my external drive comes in, and I can get stuff off of my NTFS partition.

If it matters,  the game in question that I am trying to run is anarchy online (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=355)