[Wine] Re: Trouble compiling--unable to find freetype

English_Mohican wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 3 13:59:35 CST 2008

I also run OpenSuse 11.0 on a 64bit machine and I find that I need to set up links to many of the libraries so that wine can find them. I cannot remember doing libfreetype specifically, but Yast only installs libfreetype.so.6 which is a link and libfreetype.so.6.3.18 which is the library itself. (This is in /usr/lib). I think wine looks for libfreetype.so which is not there until I copy libfreetype.so.6 and paste it back calling it libfreetype.so. You then need to run ldconfig to make sure Linux notices that you have generated the file.
My guess is that OpenSuse handles this for me in /usr/lib64 but not in the 32 bit library.