[Wine] Re: Powerbuilder 5 App not printing anymore

fhmanas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 6 03:47:01 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:

> fhmanas wrote:
> > lpr: printer-: unknown printer
> >
> > I know the printer exists and is recognized by wine notepad.
>

> Try installing your application into new WINEPREFIX ex:
>
> Code:
> WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-try2 wine d:\\setup.exe

What would WINEPREFIX do?  The way I understand it, WINEPREFIX allows simulation of a "2nd" Windows instance.  Is this correct?  Also, what  is the connection with the printer not printing

Will try the regression, but to be honest I have never done any regression before.

I was thinking maybe I just missed a setting, since the 0.9.46 version is part of the official Ubuntu repository and the latest is from WineHQ

Is there a setting I should look for?

Thanks for the replies.