[Wine] Wine 1.1.4--Intrepid--Photoshop Elements 6.0--can't install

seuzy13 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 8 18:54:12 CST 2008

I am trying to install Photoshop Elements 6.0 using Wine 1.1.4 under Ubuntu Intrepid. During installation, I get the following error: The ODBC installer DLL (ODBCCP32.dll) is not installed on this system. This pop-up error appears three times when I repeatedly press "OK," then goes away. The installer then moves and freezes to the step "Removing applications..."

I have downloaded the odbccp32.dll file and copied it into *wine*/windows/system32, but this did not seem to solve the problem. I have also tried several different override options in winecfg (but I don't really know what I'm doing there).

None of this is covered in the appDB, and I did not used to get this error when I tried it out on my old computer (just other errors).

Does anyone know a fix to this? Help is appreciated!