[Wine] Re: pcbartist

yonnie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 9 11:50:47 CST 2008

When I tried using the terminal I saw a couple complaints about starting the x server and changing the display mode.  I far as I can tell the x server is running and the display mode is 1024x768 and I have no clue as to how to change that nor any info as to what I should change it to.  Besides, if I did any of that, then what happens if I break the system and can't use it for anything else?  If I download and install the very latest version, then I end up with a new problem where the package manager won't recognize future updates for that package.  Not that it matters that much, I guess, as I have yet to find a software package that runs without issues under any release of Wine on any version of Linux.  If I do run into something that works, I don't have to wait very long for an update that breaks it.

I'm pretty certain the issue has to do with the pcbArtist installer and how Wine is handling it.  See screenshot of first complaint box, this happens about half a second after starting install.
  Expletive!*!#%, guess I'm not telepathic enough to figure out how to attach a simple screen-shot