[Wine] Civilization IV refuses to run, also Morrowind problems

NihilistMatt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 9 16:15:49 CST 2008

Hi,

I just tried to install Civ4 1.74 according to the notes on its appdb page (using the new 1.1.10 Debian 5.0 packages), but whenever I try to run the game, I get this:

matt at hayashi:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4$ wine Civilization4.exe
fixme:service:QueryServiceObjectSecurity 0x141140 4 0x141828 0 0x32ef30 - semi-stub
fixme:service:QueryServiceObjectSecurity 0x141140 4 0x141828 28 0x32ef30 - semi-stub
fixme:advapi:SetEntriesInAclA 1 0x32eec0 0x14183c 0x32ef2c
fixme:service:SetServiceObjectSecurity 0x141140 4 0x32eeac
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 55 (SPI_SETMOUSEKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59 (SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_CreateIconFromANI Loading all frames for .ani cursors not implemented.
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
matt at hayashi:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4$

It just crashes instantly after the "loading" screen without any noticeable fatal errors, which is extremely frustrating as I can't find anyone else sharing this problem. Is there anyone who can help?

And, while I'm here, though I can't give any fixme lists or anything right now because I haven't managed to get them, I'm suddenly having extremely frequent freezes (coupled with sound buffer weirdness) in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (which used to be an almost perfectly stable game until recently... wonder if it's the new packages). All I can remember is that some of them are coming from DirectSound buffer under/overruns, and one of them caused Wine to vomit a massive backtrace and fixme trail, the only bit of which I can remember is uxtheme for some reason (and I'm almost certain this has nothing to do with it). I might be able to get some more helpful information on this later.

Thanks in advance,
Matt