[Wine] Problem trying running Guild Warss (First Post)

nukepipe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 10 17:28:32 CST 2008

Hi there....  I'm new here and this is my first post. I had not take a look to the forum yet.

So here is my problem.

This is the output I have when trying to run GW from the comman line:

[nukepipe at localhost ~]$ wine "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -windowed
ALSA lib pcm.c:2162:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ALSA lib pcm.c:2162:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
err:d3d:DllMain VideoMemorySize is 0 but must be >0
err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D8 is not available without opengl
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D8 is not available without opengl
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D8 is not available without opengl

And also have the error message on window "Unable to initialize 3D output."

Please let me know if you have any remedy for this or can point me to a previous thread.