[Wine] Counter Strike Source rando quits, and that's pretty much it

OffbeatPatriot wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 12 18:19:21 CST 2008

I was very excited recently because for the first time in my attempts to get my windows games to work with wine I actually managed to install steam, counter strike source, and half life 1.  And then it actually launched and everything seemed to be going so well but then I joined a server, and after a while counter strike just quit on me taking me back to the desktop.  I haven't found anything on the internet regarding this problem and I'm not sure where to begin debugging this because when I enter this command into my terminal that I copied from the CS link on my desktop:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/jarl/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 240

By the time counter strike croaked the terminal had printed nothing and if I use winedbg all that follows is this and nothing is printed the entire time counter strike is running.

WineDbg starting on pid 0034
0x7b877b22: movl	%esi,0x0(%esp)
Wine-dbg>c
Thread ID=005d renamed using MS VC6 extension (name=="BlobRegis./l(")
Thread ID=005d renamed using MS VC6 extension (name=="CThread")
Process of pid=0034 has terminated

Also from what I have read it should be possible to play the game with a decent frame rate but while I have a pretty good PC when while I'm in a server I can only get about 20-30 fps, these are my specs.

On a side note, in case it narrows the possibilities I can run Half life 1 perfectly.

2 GB RAM
AMD64 X2 +6000
e-GeForce 8800 GT