[Wine] Wine apps limited to first X-Screen resolution?

lostandfound wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 15 02:13:41 CST 2008

Hi, I'm aware that this is a very specific use-case, but I thought I'd give it a go in case anyone is aware of a resolution.

What happens is, my laptop's default resolution is 1280x800 (wide-screen). I regularly attach a 1280x1024 external monitor to it. Its running on a separate x-screen (no TwinView or Xinerama). However, when I try to run my Wine apps, apps that are run in a virtual desktop are limited to the size of that virtual desktop. This is obvious. However, apps without a virtual desktop are limited to 1280x800, the size of my primary X-Screen.

Note that this does not affect my games, as they seem to be able to run full-screen no  problem. This affects apps such as E-Sword and Office 2007 (which are the only ones I've tried, of course).

Anyone heard of something similar before? Anything that I could try?