[Wine] question related to DLL reuse via Wine

nixbert wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 16 04:29:27 CST 2008

Hi

newbie to Wine but have read FAQs and could not find a clear answer to my doubt so here goes -

I am looking to re-use some windows dlls in linux. Assume that these dlls are used via svchost.exe in MS environment to provide a service.

My questions are
1.) Can such a setup be migrated to run under Wine?

2.) If above is true then is it subsequently possible to write a set of Linux binaries which can invoke and use the service provided by above dlls(running under Wine)?

Sorry if above question sound too newbie-ish to you. I would be happy even if you are able to point me to some relevant documentation.

thanks