[Wine] Re: perl-web-script should start a application with wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 16 14:14:15 CST 2008

Andreasus wrote:
> Thank you for the answer.
>
> Unfortunately the msvcrt80.dll is in /var/www/ (which should be the home directory for apache)

This won't work. You have to properly install vc2005 redist. You can use winetricks to install it as well

Andreasus wrote:
> and a web application is not able to start a x server ? Am I right?

You need a valid X session. It doesn't have to be started by your web application. But it have to be able to connect to it:
- DISPLAY env var needs to point to it
- X session needs to allow connections from anyone (xhost +)