[Wine] Re: Warcraft III error during start

roguehosting wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 19 06:01:42 CST 2008

austin987 wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 3:00 PM, roguehosting <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > austin987 wrote:

> > > Install it in wine, don't run it from a windows install.
> > >
> > > --
> > > -Austin
> > >

> > First i tried winedoors ,there didnt installed at all.This one i loaded directly from directory from which i usualy start game in windows.
> >

> Don't use winedoors, and don't run from a windows install. To be safe,
> use a clean WINEPREFIX:
>
> $ rm -rf ~/.wine
> $ wine warcraft_setup.exe
>
> You should read the faq before continuing, to prevent similar mistakes:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ
>
> --
> -Austin

Rm rf which directory?In home user directory?Would'nt that erase settings of wine?Also by warcraft setup does that mean i need to do clean install from cd's or somewhere else?Since i have iso images of wcIII and frozen throne instead cd's beacuse i dont have cd rom installed in computer at the moment.