[Wine] installing Adobe Audition creates no exe file...

taojian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 20 09:38:03 CST 2008

I'm running Wine 1.1.10, configured as Windows XP, and a version of Ubuntu from four days ago. The appDB says that Adobe Audition 2.0 works fine (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=13422), but I haven't had any success yet. No exe file was installed, audition doesn't show up in wine's list of installed programs, and there's just generally no way to run the program. Looking at wine's Uninstall Wine Software menu, I see two entries for audition. Running uninstall on either of them eventually tells me that the uninstall wizard was interrupted.

Audition 2.0 runs with a msi file, so to install it I used:

$ wine msiexec /i Adobe\ Audition\ 2.0.msi

There were a million fixmes, and a few errors:

err:msi:iterate_load_featurecomponents unknown component L"Audition_Theme"
err:msi:iterate_load_verb Verb unable to find loaded extension L"cel"
[there were about twenty of that second one, with different extensions]

I don't know what else I can do with this -- can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong? I expected to have difficulties with sound drivers and whatnot, but I can't even get a working program installed.

Thanks in advance for any advice!