[Wine] Re: Wine and Mac Os X

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 21 09:24:31 CST 2008

James Mckenzie wrote:

> Of Darwine, I know of two people who are working on this for the Intel Macs:  Mike Kronenberg and Zach Drayer.  Both are good distributions of the program.
>
> As to problems with either distribution, you should use their web sites.  Darwine is not supported by the Wine project.

Darwine was the name of the old powerpc project that combined
an x86 emulator and wine.  There's no particular reason for that name
to live on now that plain old wine can compile and run on Mac OS X,
but I guess it's catchy.

Mike's is the most up to date, it's at http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/

We should probably start linking to it from http://winehq.org/download/
to emphasize that we want to fix bugs that affect Mac users.
I'll start a discussion on wine-devel...