[Wine] Wine and Mac Os X

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 10:41:35 CST 2008

DanKegel <wineforum-user at winehq.org> at: Dec 21, 2008 8:24 AM(MST) wrote about: [Wine]  Re: Wine and Mac Os X

>James Mckenzie wrote:
>>
>> Of Darwine, I know of two people who are working on this for the Intel Macs:  Mike Kronenberg and Zach Drayer.  Both are good distributions of the program.
>>
>> As to problems with either distribution, you should use their web sites.  Darwine is not supported by the Wine project.
>>

>Darwine was the name of the old powerpc project that combined
>an x86 emulator and wine.  There's no particular reason for that name
>to live on now that plain old wine can compile and run on Mac OS X,
>but I guess it's catchy.

Actually, several packages are needed that do not come with MacOSX to support all fonts.  Thus the script provided by the Darwine project should be used.  This is not a shortcoming of the Wine project.

>We should probably start linking to it from http://winehq.org/download/
>to emphasize that we want to fix bugs that affect Mac users.
>I'll start a discussion on wine-devel...

There are two distributions of Darwine.  At the present time, there are problems printing from Wine for the MacOSX builds.

James McKenzie