[Wine] how to fix consistent crash if mouse is not contained?

M.Kiesel wine-devel at continuity.cjb.net
Sun Dec 21 18:36:47 CST 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, vitamin wrote:

>> "Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window"
> That option doesn't work and was broken for at least 5 years.

Is this the case really? What about disabling that option then? I had a
look at the winecfg code but I'm not sure how to do this - this should
probably do someone using a resource file (.rc) editor.

Also updating the docs would be good; the option is still mentioned on
http://winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/config-wine-main#AEN281 .

I guess Drives/Advanced/Manually Assign Label should also be at least
temporarily disabled; AFAIK this doesn't work either.

BTW what does "Driver Emulation" in the audio tab mean? There's already
the "Emulation" choice in the "Hardware Acceleration" drop-down box, so
what is the extra "Driver Emulation" checkbox about?

Regards