[Wine] No sound device detected on Fallout 3 Launch?

BlackAndChrome wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 22 02:04:53 CST 2008

I get a message from the fallout 3 launcher telling me that "no sound device detected. Fallout 3 cannot run". Funny thing is that I'm listening to the background sound of the launcher so I am indeed getting sound. Any ideas on a cure? There should be a fallout.exe along with the falloutlauncher.exe in the program files that could possibly bypass the launcher, would that work and were are the WINE files so I can give it a shot?

Thanks,
-B&C