[Wine] how to fix consistent crash if mouse is not contained?

M.Kiesel wine-devel at continuity.cjb.net
Mon Dec 22 12:19:50 CST 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, vitamin wrote:

>>> That option doesn't work and was broken for at least 5 years.
>> Is this the case really? What about disabling that option then?
> It doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed... It's still useful.

Well, the way it is now is frustrating for the user as he will try playing
with that option with no success but only time wasted. It should be
disabled until it really does something.

>> BTW what does "Driver Emulation" in the audio tab mean? There's already
>> the "Emulation" choice in the "Hardware Acceleration" drop-down box, so
>> what is the extra "Driver Emulation" checkbox about?
> Nothing really, except it sets a flag in dsound initialization. Some
> programs might look at the flag and do something different.

Thanks.

I had a look at the source - seems that the "Standard" and "Basic"
settings in the "Hardware Acceleration" dropdown box do not make a
difference in Wine either (= are treated the same as "Full")? Is this
another relic?

I have to say I find this quite weird. It's not like winecfg provides that
many options, and several of them are broken or misleading...? As winecfg
is more or less the only Wine end-user frontend, this is not so good.

Regards