[Wine] Re: link WINE into my application

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 22 13:45:00 CST 2008

elihusmails wrote:
> Is it possible to link in the WINE libs to my application so that I can just have the single executable?

See http://wiki.winehq.org/DeveloperFaq which says

"Can I build one large Monolithic application?

No. However, if you don't want Wine as a dependency, you can bundle your private version of Wine into your package (.rpm/.deb). Wine has good support for such a setup via the WINEPREFIX environment variable. This is the way Google Picasa works - they actually use the exact same binary on Windows and Linux, but in the Linux version they bundle a tested version of Wine. "