[Wine] Davka Writer

Ditzian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 24 07:46:31 CST 2008

I am a new Linux and Wine user.  I have successfully installed Wine in PCLinuxOS, and it is able to run an old Legacy program from Parsons Technology called Address Book.

I then used Wine to install an old version of Davka Writer, a Hebrew word processing program.  The program appeared to install correctly, as far as I could tell.  The installation required a serial number, which I have.  However, when I try to use it, the Davka splash screen appears, then the program shuts down.  I have no idea how to debug this situation, so if someone can take me by the hand to try to get it working, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jan