[Wine] Prince of Persia 2008 HowTo

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 15:59:34 CST 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 3:55 PM, xaber1488 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thank you austin! And, by the way; I read in a playonlinux discussion that POP 2008 is thought not to be playable under wine with ati cards: do you know anything?

ATI drivers don't provide most needed features, though they released
specs a while back so hopefully this will change in the coming years.

> And another little question: when I first install wine, does it need a certain configuration? I left everything how it was after the installation. The only thing I did was to copy all my windows XP "C:\Windows" files in the "drive_c/windows" directory of wine.

EEK! Don't do that!

Start fresh:
$ rm -rf ~/.wine

And install your apps. They should work fine. Rarely, some apps may
need native dlls to work around wine bugs (make sure to file a bug),
or they may forget to bundle a redistributable DLL, in which case
winetricks is your friend.

--
-Austin