[Wine] Re: New Ubuntu 8.10 User

StickMaker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 26 18:05:52 CST 2008

Brevalan, we must be twins. I'm a nooby, and a flatulus antiquatus and wondered about this apparently non-drinkable WINE all these experts talk about. You expressed my concerns perfectly. My immediate trial is to install Irfanview to run in Ubuntu 8.10. But I did find the Wine which David so kindly explained. Looks like I'm installing ttf-liberation, winbind, wine and wine-gecko. I'm making detailed notes for family at http://www.sticksite.com/linux/ and like you, I expect this to keep me busy most of the winter.