[Wine] Fwd: Fwd: Wine on OpenBSD

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:45:03 CST 2008

2008/12/21 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> 2008/12/21 Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>:

>> there doesnt seem to be much changes to the source code in the freshports port
>> and the missing define earlier was ENOTSUP
>> however here is the output i get:

> At this point we're probably getting into Wine developer level issues
> :-) I suppose you could ask the FreeBSD port maintainer for tips,
> and/or the wine developers mailing list. It'd be nice for OpenBSD
> users to have a version newer than 1999 ...

OK, I asked on wine-devel and OpenBSD bugs are entirely on-topic.

To avoid confusion over OpenBSD issues - basically OpenBSD doesn't
like VMs and doesn't care - I will not be reporting anything from VM
tests, only things that I see happening on an actual physical PC.

(Though I'll still be using the VM to potter about with it.)

My current plan involves:

* track down basic compile-time problems
* look at any tweaks for freshports, see if those help, file a Wine
bug and submit patches as needed
* kick it a lot
* see what happens

- d.