[Wine] KeePass under WINE in Ubuntu

bedachtm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 27 07:20:56 CST 2008

I am relatively new to Ubuntu and I seem to have hit a brick wall on this one. I am a KeePass user on Windows (which I am trying to flee ASAP).

I installed KeePassx (from the Ubuntu library) and started using it with a copy of my Windows .kdb file. Everything seemed fine, except that the autotype (both from the drop down menu within KeePassx and the Ctl-Alt-A) did not work.

Thinking that this was a problem with the port to linux, I installed WINE and then the current (1.14) Windows KeePass version.

Result: Same Thing. From KeePass, using CTL-U I open the right page, but the CTL-ALT-A AND the menu option Autotype do nothing,

I went back to an older verion of KeePass (1.11) but same result.

Am I missing something? Is there some mystery to the Global Hot Key in Ubuntu that I haven't run across?

Can anybody help?